If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (406) 763-4155

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Help for Homeowners Without Flood Insurance

7/28/2021 (Permalink)

Hurricane Harvey disaster recovery centers staffed with recovery specialists from FEMA There may be FEMA assistance available to you in the event of a major disaster.

Flood Insurance Assistance for Homeowners

The bad news is that your house has flooded in Manhattan, MT. The worse news is that you do not have flood insurance. Fortunately, there is good news. The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) coordinates federal support for those involved in a disaster. Learn if you are eligible for assistance and how to take the next steps.

Eligibility Requirements

Homeowners or renters must fit all criteria below in order to apply for FEMA assistance. Review the following to see if you qualify:

  • A major disaster is federally declared for your state and county.
  • The declared disaster-caused damage to your home, personal property or vehicle.
  • A member of your household is a US citizen, qualified alien or non-citizen national.
  • You are not applying to duplicate homeowners or flood insurance coverage. You must provide proof of insurance benefits.

How To Apply for Assistance

If you meet the eligibility requirements, take these next steps:

  • Go to https://www.disasterassistance.gov to complete the application.
  • An inspector then calls you to set an appointment to survey the damage.
  • If you receive grant money, it does not have to be repaid. However, the money is supplemental in nature and not designed to cover the complete restoration of your property. Rather, it helps you repair your home to a safe, livable condition.
  • In addition, to grant money, you can apply for a disaster loan that needs repaid. This allows you to return your home and belongings to preloss condition with the help of a restoration specialist.

If you live in a flood plain in Manhattan, MT, ask your agent about flood insurance. However, whether or not you have this specialized insurance policy, there may be FEMA assistance available to you in the event of a major disaster. If a federal disaster is declared in your county, confirm your eligibility status and follow the above steps to repair or restore your home and personal property.

Other News

View Recent Posts